|This article uses material from the Divine Buster article on the Nanoha wiki at Wikia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.|
Divine Buster in The MOVIE 1st
• Mid-Childa (Nanoha)
AAA+ (Divine Buster Extension)
Divine Buster (ディバインバスター, Dibain Basutā) is one of Nanoha Takamachi's two signature magical spells (the other being Starlight Breaker). It consists of a large beam of energy launched from the caster's Device, which is capable of inflicting a lot of damage. Divine Buster is first developed as an energy beam to seal far away Jewel Seeds, but has since been predominantly used as an offensive Bombardment-type attack spell.
Nanoha's original Divine Buster mainly appears in the original series, the A's manga, and A's itself, although Nanoha also uses it as a last ditch attack against Signum in the StrikerS manga special chapter "After Days".
In StrikerS, Subaru Nakajima has created her own bombardment spell that she named "Divine Buster", commemorating the time when she was saved by Nanoha's Divine Buster during the Coastal Airport 8 fire. It is rare and difficult for Modern Belkan system practitioners to cast such a bombardment, so her variation has a much shorter range than Nanoha's, about a dozen meters. Visually, the design, pose and execution of Subaru's Divine Buster may be a reference to the Broken Phantom technique used by GaoFighGar.
- Divine Buster Full Power (ディバインバスター・フルパワー) is a wide-area aimed bombardment, in other words, an area-of-effect variation of the spell.
- Divine Buster Full Burst (ディバインバスター・フルバースト) is a reactive explosion variation used in the Nanoha novel edition.
- Divine Buster Extension (ディバインバスター・エクステンション) is developed by Nanoha in A's, being an improved version with a longer range and a targeting reticule/scope. It can reach the out range in a flash, without sacrificing its precision, power and barrier-piercing ability.
- Short Buster (ショートバスター, Shōto Basutā) is a variant used in StrikerS. It is weaker but quicker to cast, and can be used even while moving. It is Nanoha's quickest bombardment, used to counter Vivio's Plasma Smasher on The Saint's Cradle.
- Cross Buster (クロスバスター, Kurosu Basutā) is the cross-range catch attack used by Nanoha Takamachi in The Battle of Aces
Variations under the Modern Belkan system:
- Divine Buster, cast by Subaru, differs from the original, being an attack Subaru created herself and named after Nanoha's. Subaru performs the move by creating a sphere of mana in front of her and punching it with her Revolver Knuckle, unlike Nanoha's Divine Buster which is charged and fired by Raising Heart. Also unlike Nanoha's, it is a short burst of energy rather than a full beam. It has a similar appearance to Subaru's Inherent Skill Vibration Shatter, as shown in StrikerS episode 17.
- Divine Buster Zero Range (ディバインバスター（ゼロレンジ）) is an evolution of Subaru's spell, cast directly next to the opponent. It has higher power and shorter casting time.
- Divine Buster A.C.S (ディバインバスターA.C.S) is a different application of the spell, which can break through the opponent's defense with the help of Mach Caliber's Accelerate Charge System.
- Vivio Takamachi displays the ability to use this spell in ViVid. Her version has an extremely short charging time (enough to take Einhart Stratos by surprise) and appears to resemble Subaru's technique closer than Nanoha's, as both Subaru and Vivio are Modern Belka practitioners.
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF6rBMWgBn0
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS DVD Vol.1 Booklet (ep.1).
- ↑ Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha episode 9.
- ↑ Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's episode 7 and 10.
- ↑ Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS DVD Vol.2 Booklet (ep.5).
- ↑ Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS DVD Vol.9 Booklet (ep.25).
- ↑ Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's Portable: The Battle of Aces Official Guidebook.
- ↑ Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS episode 1.
- ↑ Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS DVD Vol.4 Booklet (ep.11).
- ↑ Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS DVD Vol.8 Booklet (ep.23).
- ↑ Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid chapter 12.