|This article uses material from the March to Destruction article on the Fairy Tail wiki at Wikia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.|
|March to Destruction|
Hametsu no Kōshin
December 27, 2010
← Recollections of Jellal
Super Air Battle! Natsu vs. Cobra →
March to Destruction (破滅の行進, Hametsu no Kōshin) is the 60th episode of the Fairy Tail anime. It first aired on December 27, 2010.
Jellal's attempt to destroy Nirvana is thwarted by Brain and works to fully awaken it. Nirvana's form as a city of the ancients is revealed. Brain moves the city towards its first target, which seems to be Cait Shelter. Natsu attempts to defeat Brain but is prevented from doing so by Cobra.
Erza Scarlet and Jellal Fernandes have finally reunited deep inside of the Worth Woodsea. But Jellal has lost his memories. Jellal tries to free Erza of her hatred by using a Self-Destruction Spell to destroy Nirvana and himself. Erza scolds Jellal for resorting to such methods and tells him that he can't possibly be at peace and that he still has sins to repent for. She cries as she tells him to live, but it seems Jellal will not budge. However, his Self-Destruction Spell is stopped by Brain, who turns out to have been the one who taught Jellal that type of Magic.
Nirvana's true form is revealed as an old city of the ancients. Erza and Jellal manage to survive as the city uproots out of the ground, and together decide to travel forward with Jellal having newfound hope and encouragement due to Erza's words. Natsu Dragneel, Lucy Heartfilia and Gray Fullbuster are caught up in the awakening of Nirvana. They head up but are separated when Natsu falls off and is rescued by Happy. Carla and Wendy Marvell are shocked to find that the moving city is moving towards their guild, Cait Shelter.
Later, a determined Natsu and Happy make it to the King's Summit and square off against Brain and Cobra. Brain controls Nirvana in order to reach its first target. Natsu attempts to take him out but is obstructed by Cobra. The two engage each other in a battle where Natsu experiences a difficult start due to the fact that Cobra seems to be able to predict all his movements.
Characters In Order of Appearance
Magic, Spells, and Abilities used
- Heaven's Eye (天元, Tengen)
- Aera (翼, Ēra)
- Dragon Slayer Magic (滅竜魔法, Metsuryū Mahō)
- Fire Dragon Slayer Magic (火の滅竜魔法, Ka no Metsuryū Mahō)
- Sound Magic
- Fire Dragon's Roar (火竜の咆哮, Karyū no Hōkō)
- Hand-to-Hand Combat
- Wing Generation
- Nirvana (ニルヴァーナ, Niruvāna)
Manga and Anime Differences
- The anime added a flashback scene of Brain teaching Jellal how to make a Self-Destruction Spell.
- When Brain nullifies Jellal's Self-Destruction Spell in the manga, the circle seems to melt. In the anime, the circle shatters to pieces.
- Nirvana's awakening is extended in the anime.
- When Nirvana first appears in the anime, it has six legs. In the manga, it has eight.
- In the anime, Natsu, Gray and Lucy are running up the leg of Nirvana. In the manga, they are crawling and climbing up the leg.