|This article uses material from the The Two Dragon Slayers article on the Fairy Tail wiki at Wikia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.|
|The Two Dragon Slayers|
Futari no Doragon Sureiyā
The Two Dragon Slayers
April 26, 2010
← Wings of Flame!
Fairy Law! →
The Two Dragon Slayers (二人の滅竜魔導士, Futari no Doragon Sureiyā) is the 27th episode of the Fairy Tail anime. It first aired on April 26, 2010.
The Fire Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail and the Iron Dragon Slayer of Phantom Lord engage in battle. After nearly defeating Natsu Dragneel, Gajeel Redfox sees the wrath of Natsu after he manages to recover from all the blows he took with the help of Lucy Heartfilia and the inspiration to protect their fallen guild.
SynopsisThe battle of the dragons begins, and all around, destruction ensues. Happy and Lucy Heartfilia both comment on Natsu Dragneel’s anger, and say that they have never seen him in that state. He is furious by what Gajeel Redfox did to Lucy, so he attacks. At first, the battle is hand to hand, but Gajeel soon uses his sword. Natsu evades it, and Gajeel turns his body into iron. He calls it Iron Dragon's Scales. His punch is formidable, as it bruises Natsu’s hand. Natsu is at odds, and every time he tries to hit him, he ends up hurting himself. Natsu uses his Dragon Roar at the same time Gajeel does, and the result is a big explosion.
Natsu is severely wounded, but so is Gajeel. A big crack appears on his face. Natsu is fed up. He wants Gajeel to stop feeling him out, so they both become serious.
Outside, all the Shade Troopers combine into a big ball of Darkness. Said ball is destroying the guild, and everyone is powerless to stop it. Meanwhile, the battle of the dragons rages, and both seem to be on par. The result is more destruction, and Gajeel plays dirty by eating some iron after they crash. This replenishes his strength, while Natsu is debilitated. Lucy has to find a way for him to eat, and her only option is to call Sagittarius, the one key she has left, and hope he can produce fire in any way.
He comes, wearing a horse suit, and Lucy is delighted. She asks if he can shoot fire, but Sagittarius answers that he can’t. Natsu is then left powerless before Gajeel, who forces him to see his guild being destroyed. Natsu remembers the first time he came into the guild, and Makarov’s explanation of the name. He then remembers the first time he met Gray Fullbuster and their very first fight. Natsu also recalls the first time Erza Scarlet beat him and her explanation on the guild’s relationships. It is followed by memories of Lisanna and the time Erza forced him to learn how to read. Natsu also remembers the time he found Happy’s egg, Lisanna's proposal, and Happy’s birth. He remembers the day Lisanna left and never came back, her tomb, and lastly, the day he met Lucy who would be one of his best friends. All the pain and suffering of the last few days flash before him, and he sees the building he thought of as his home become reduced to ruins.
He gets up, and walks towards Gajeel. Gajeel beats him down, and Happy cries that once he eats flames he will be able to fight. Sagittarius hears this and is able to help. He states that he cannot shoot flames by shooting an arrow, but he can help create them. He shoots his arrows at nearby machines which causes an explosion. Natsu feeds on the generated flames. Now, with Natsu's energy and power replenished, the final phase of the Dragons' battle begins. Gajeel shoots his Iron Dragon's Roar, but Natsu stops it with his bare hands. Natsu approaches Gajeel with a fierce face, stating that picking a fight with Fairy Tail was a wrong thing to do.
Characters In Order of Appearance
Magic, Spells, and Abilities used
- Dragon Slayer Magic (滅竜魔法, Metsuryū Mahō)
- Fire Dragon Slayer Magic (火の滅竜魔法, Ka no Metsuryū Mahō)
- Iron Dragon Slayer Magic (鉄の滅竜魔法, Tetsu no Metsuryū Mahō)
- Darkness Magic (闇の魔法, Yami no Mahō)
- Celestial Spirit Magic (星霊 魔法, Seirei Mahō)
- Summoned the Archer, Sagittarius
- Fire Dragon's Iron Fist (火竜の鉄拳, Karyū no Tekken)
- Iron Dragon's Club (鉄竜棍, Tetsuryūkon)
- Fire Dragon's Claw (火竜の鉤爪, Karyū no Kagitsume)
- Iron Dragon's Sword (鉄竜剣, Tetsuryūken)
- Iron Dragon's Scales (鉄龍の鱗, Tetsuryū no Uroko)
- Iron Dragon's Hard Fist (鉄竜の鋼拳, Tetsuryū no Gō Ken)
- Fire Dragon's Roar (火竜の咆哮, Karyū no Hōkō)
- Iron Dragon's Roar (鉄竜の咆哮, Tetsuryū no Hōkō)
- Shade Troopers (シェード, Shiēdo)
- Iron Dragon's Lance: Demon Logs (鉄竜槍 鬼薪, Tetsuryūsō: Kishin)
- Fire Dragon's Sword Horn (火竜の剣角, Karyū no Kenkaku)
- Hand-to-Hand Combat
Manga and Anime Differences
- More spells were used in the anime during Gajeel and Natsu's fight.
- The other Phantom Mages who were watching Gajeel torture Lucy were only involved during his battle with Natsu once in the manga.
- Natsu didn't have a comedic reaction in the manga when he punched Gajeel's Iron Dragon's Scales.
- When Gajeel and Natsu decided to start being "serious" in their battle, a tremendous amount of Magical Power emanated from each of them in the anime.
- No Phantom Mage reacted every time Lucy's skirt rises up in the anime.
- Instead of just using a battering ram to destroy the Fairy Tail Guild, as shown in the manga, Jose's Shade Troopers formed a giant ball and destroyed the Guild with its hands in the anime.
- Natsu and Gajeel threw punches at each other while they're floating in the sky in the anime.
- Natsu didn't have flashbacks of Lisanna, Happy's egg and Lucy in the manga.